THEE Cream: Why your skin becomes dry and how THEE can help
Your skin is the largest organ on your body and sometimes frequently overlooked. When skin becomes dry, sore and uncomfortable, it can be a source of stress, frustration and anxiety. We all want dewy, luscious looking skin and Jennifer Smyth, founder of Thee Cream, shares some reasons why your skin becomes dry and and how you can help your skin.
Symptoms of dry skin varies from individual to individual. Some people complain that dry skin can feel itchy and hot. Others may say that their skin is flaky and red or raw. In severe cases, cracking and bleeding may occur. Similarly, dehydrated skin can feel dry, tight and flaky. Dry and dehydrated skin is more prone to wrinkling which creates an aged appearance.
“The reality is that dry and dehydrated skin looks older. When your skin is dewy, plump and hydrated, you can boast a more youthful appearance,” shares Jennifer Smyth.
What we do on a daily basis can
accelerate the dryness of the skin. The skin’s naturally
occurring oils are your body’s biological way of lubricating the skin. When
these oils are
Of course, the source of some people’s dry skin can be due to a medical condition such as dermatitis and psoriasis. If you are suffering from a skin condition, it is recommended that you seek the advice of your GP, Doctor or Dermatologist.
The wonderful news is that there is a lot that you can do to help your skin feel and look hydrated while limiting or reducing the signs of dryness. Some creams just don’t cut it! They are too watery and slip over the skin without delivering hydrating benefits. Others may be highly perfumed which can irritate and dry the skin. Dry skin will relish being soothed and hydrated with a thick cream which is extremely low in fragrance, that is completely absorbed into the skin, like THEE Cream.
Five easy ways to support your dry skin include:
- Use warm water when bathing. Aim for water temperatures around 43 degrees to support your skin’s youthfulness and to avoid unnecessary stripping of natural oils
- Replenish and nourish after bathing. Following your shower, nurture your skin with a moisturiser filled with active ingredients designed to support dry skin
- Limit the length of time and temperatures in your heating/cooling systems. Artificially heated or cooled environments dry the air within the space as well as your skin. The more extreme the temperature is (heat in winter and cooling in summer) the more your skin will dry out
- Drink plenty of water each day. It is recommended that we consume 2L of water each day to keep our bodies hydrated. Water helps to improve the skin’s elasticity.
- Ensure that you get plenty of quality sleep. When we sleep, our body heals and rejuvenates
THEE® Cream Intensive Hydrate + Renew is your ideal solution to aid dry skin because it supports rejuvenation from the inside out. Applying THEE Cream as a part of your morning and evening skincare routine your skin will be instantly radiant and have a luminous glow. THEE Cream features a number of products which are proven to enhance hydration (which include Sea Kelp, Peptides, 24 Hour Hydration Complex and Provitamin B5) in addition to Ceramides which reduce moisture loss.
THEE Australia is luxurious skin care which simplifies the morning and evening beauty routine so that you can put ‘me-time’ back in your day. THEE Cream and THEE Oil are two powerful and active products that can visibly improve your skin’s appearance, minimise the effects of aging and intensively hydrate. It is 100% Australian owned, formulated and manufactured in Sydney using the highest quality ingredients sourced world-wide to ensure the freshest, most active ingredients for optimum results and multiple benefits without the exorbitant price tag.
Love THEE skin!